“For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For beautiful hair, let a child run his fingers through it once a day. For poise, walk with the knowledge you’ll never walk alone.”
Acts of Kindness Found New Roots
Acts of Kindness exploded in the MKMMA community this week with well over 7000 comments in our forum including stories from around the world inspiring and encouraging fellow adventurers, friends, strangers, clients, customers and folks from all walks of life. It didn’t matter whether it was sunny, rainy, snowy – summer, fall or winter – kindness was the virtue of focus and the dramatic exponential effect was astounding.
So it prompted me to pen a few words about kindness for this week’s post.
Thank you for extending your acts of kindness to me with your comments on previous musings as we bravely explore the jungles of time and space together with Haanel and reveal within ourselves a certain enlightenment in our Master Key experience. I appreciate your presence here with me.
This often scary, always exhilarating roller coaster ride sharpens our senses to what’s possible when you realize and understand thought is cause and results are the effect. More on that in a future post.
In the meantime…
Reflecting on kindness – my grand daughter in the photo above appears to be speaking words of kindness to anyone who would listen, including a wooden carving in the park. I snagged this image of her a while back in Filberg Park on one of our family outings. It wasn’t staged – it was pure spontaneous quirkiness captured by my trusty Nikon.
To preserve their playful mood of the moment I created posters to add to our collective memories as we weave the fabric of our lives in different patterns in different cities.
The Super Kids
© 2016 Dennis Goff
Ageless Kindness Wisdom
- “Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough.”- Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.” – George Sand
- “A warm smile is the universal language of kindness.” – William Arthur Ward
- “Constant kindness can accomplish much. As the sun makes ice melt, kindness causes misunderstanding, mistrust, and hostility to evaporate.” – Albert Schweitzer
- “Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver.” – Barbara de Angelis
- “Remember there’s no such thing as a small act of kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical end.” -Scott Adams
- “There is overwhelming evidence that the higher the level of self-esteem, the more likely one will be to treat others with respect, kindness, and generosity.” – Nathaniel Branden
- “Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for a kindness.” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- “Because that’s what kindness is. It’s not doing something for someone else because they can’t, but because you can.” – Andrew Iskander
- “You can accomplish by kindness what you cannot by force.” – Publilius Syrus
- “Always be a little kinder than necessary.” – James M. Barrie
- “Transparency, honesty, kindness, good stewardship, even humour, work in businesses at all times.” – John Gerzema
- “Kind people are the best kind of people.” – author unknown
- “Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this is the beginning of wisdom.” -Theodore Isaac Rubin
- “Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind.” – Henry James
- “A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make new trees.” – Amelia Earhart
- “How beautiful a day can be when kindness touches it!” – George Elliston
- “One who knows how to show and to accept kindness will be a friend better than any possession.” – Sophocles
- “He that has done you a kindness will be more ready to do you another, than he whom you yourself have obliged.” – Benjamin Franklin
Well, there you have it, my friend. Kindness wisdom from bygone eras to add to your marvelous mind for quick reference.
Ongoing Acts of Kindness
Five years ago Nicki and I were honoured to meet, Micky Enright, an extraordinary humanitarian in the highlands of Ecuador who is simply the broadest statement for kindness I have ever seen. Her kindness, to everyone she meets, is her trademark. From pre-schoolers to the older forgotten folks in Cotacachi, she embraces the essence of helping others as her purpose in life.
I created and continue manage a website for her humanitarian projects as my gift to her and the folks she serves. Micky takes no fees for her service to these people and neither do I. It’s on my DMP to visit Cotacachi again Feb 14, 2017 in Ecuador.
Take a few minutes and see for yourself the acts of kindness Micky and her volunteers bestow on a daily basis. It’s a heart warming story. Play the video:
Tugs a little eh? I hope you enjoyed the video!
’til next time…